Chicken Prosciutto Salad with Green Kiwifruit
- 9 oz (250g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- 4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 5 oz (150g) feta cheese, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto ham
- 1 medium head of lettuce, washed and separated into leaves
- 7 oz (200g) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whole seed mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the chicken on a heated and oiled sauté pan, grill or barbecue until browned on both sides and cooked through. Cool and thinly slice.
- Sauté prosciutto until crisp. Cool and break into pieces.
- Stir all salad dressing ingredients into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon out the fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, place the sliced chicken, peaches, Zespri® Kiwifruit, feta and red onion and toss gently.
- Place the lettuce leaves onto serving plates. Top with the chicken salad and drizzle with the dressing. Place the crumbled prosciutto on top and serve with a loaf of warmed crusty bread.
Makes: 3-4 servings