Chilled Kiwifruit Cantaloupe Soup
- 2 cups milk, low fat
- 1/4 cup lemongrass, fresh, chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 slice ginger, crushed
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tbsp mint, fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper, seeded and minced
- Mix milk, lemongrass, sugar, cardamom pods, fennel seeds, ginger and vanilla bean in medium saucepan and stir over medium heat. Bring to boil and pour into small bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Strain and set aside.
- Place water and tapioca in small saucepan; soak for 30 minutes. Add coconut milk and bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until cold and thickened.
- Place 1/4 cup tapioca mixture in soup bowl. Top with 2 tbsp each kiwifruit and pineapple and sprinkle with mint and chili pepper. Pour 1/2 cup infused milk over fruit. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Infusing time: 12 hours
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 270 (47% Calories from Fat), 6g Protein, 32g Carbohydrate, 2g Fiber, 15g Fat, 12g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 75mg Sodium