Kiwifruit and Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled, quartered, sliced
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled, quartered, sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- Rinse quinoa under running water for 1 minute. Place quinoa and 1 cup water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Cool completely.
- Place quinoa in large bowl. Add kiwifruit, grapes, tomatoes and red onion; set aside.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour over quinoa mixture; toss lightly until blended. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 150 (32% Calories from Fat), 3g Protein, 24g Carbohydrate, 2g Fiber, 6g Fat, 1g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 105mg Sodium