Shrimp Cocktail with Kiwifruit Guacamole
This shrimp cocktail packs a vitamin punch with nutrient-dense ingredients, fresh kiwifruit, avocados, tomatoes and herbs.
- 4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, scooped into pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml fresh key lime juice
- 1 medium yellow heirloom tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, scooped and cubed
- 1/3 cup / 75 ml sweet onion, minced
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp / 5 ml sugar
- 1/2 tsp / 2.5 ml salt
- 1/2 tsp / 2.5 ml black pepper, ground
- 24 Jumbo shrimp, cooked, 21/25 count
- Mash pieces from 4 kiwis, avocado and lime juice in medium bowl, leaving some lumps. Stir in tomato, the 2 cubed kiwis, onion, cilantro, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Spoon 2/3-cup into chilled Martini glass, and arrange 6 shrimp around the rim. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: Calories 220 (35% Calories from Fat), Protein 12g, Carbohydrate 26g, Fiber 6g, Fat 9g, Sat Fat 1g, Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 410 mg.