Southwestern Seafood Ceviche
– Recipe courtesy of Chef Stephen Barry
- 1/2 lb (200g) prawn mean, raw, diced
- 1/2 lb (200g) salmon, raw, diced
- 1/2 lb (200g) scallops, raw, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 sweet bell pepper (red, yellow or orange), diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 chile pepper, crushed
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, diced
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, diced
- 2 limes, segmented
- 1 orange, segmented
- tortilla chips (to serve)
- Poach the diced prawn meat for two minutes; then, drain and cool.
- In a large non-reactive bowl, combine the prawn meat, salmon, scallops, white fish, red onion, capsicum, tomatoes, chili and lime juice.
- Marinate seafood mixture in the refrigerator for 2½ to 3 hours.
- Just before serving, drain off the excess lime juice and add cilantro, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully add the green and gold kiwifruit, oranges and lime segments.
- Serve on crisp tortilla shells.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chilling time: 3 hours
Makes: 4-6 servings