SunGold Kiwifruit Shrimp Cocktail
- 20 peeled, cooked, and chilled cocktail shrimp (jumbo or extra jumbo – about 1 lb. total)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, full fat (about 3½ ounces)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves (about ½ ounce) + a few extra sprigs for garnish
- 1 ripe avocado (about 5 to 5½ ounces in size), pitted and peeled
- 4 SunGold kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1½ tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
As thinly as possible slice 3 of the kiwi fruit and use them to line four 6-ounce martini glasses by laying them against the inside of the glasses in one layer.
Place the yogurt, basil, avocado, flesh from remaining kiwi fruit, lime juice, avocado oil, and salt into the work bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly among the four martini glasses. Hang 5 shrimp over the edge of each of the martini glasses (tail facing out) and garnish with fresh basil if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
Recipe contributed by Mona Guercia of Queen of My Kitchen.