Frozen SunGold Kiwifruit Margarita with Grenadine
– Recipe courtesy of Chef Stephen Barry
- 3 oz (1/3 cup) Tequila
- 1 oz (3 tbsp) Cointreau, or other orange flavored liqueur
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz (1/4 cup) grenadine syrup
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- sea salt (for the rim)
- 1 lime wedge
- ice Cubes
- sliced SunGold Kiwifruit (for garnish)
- Place sea salt in a shallow saucer.
- Wet the rims of two margarita glasses with the lime wedge, and dip rims in the salt.
- Place the ice, tequila, Cointreau, grenadine and lime juice in a blender and blend well.
- Slice the Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit into the blender.
- Blend just until combined. Be sure not to over blend, as crushed kiwifruit seeds can taste bitter.
- To serve, pour into prepared margarita glasses and garnish with gold kiwifruit slices.
Makes: 2 servings