– Recipe courtesy of Dushan Zaric and Jason Kosmas of Employees Only
Batida is a style of drink in Brazil that incorporates fresh fruit, Cachaça (Brazilian sugarcane brandy) and condensed milk.
- 1/2 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) superfine sugar
- 2 oz (56.8 ml) Cachaça 51 Brazilian sugar cane brandy
- 1 oz (28.4 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Slice kiwifruit in half and use a spoon to scoop chunks from one half into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the sugar and muddle to combine.
- Add Cachaça and sweetened condensed milk.
- Shake all ingredients with ice and pour, unstrained, into a tall Collins glass.
Garnish with a kiwifruit slice.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Makes: 1 cocktail