Traffic Light Smoothie
- 2 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup raspberries or strawberries
- Slice green kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit out into a food processor or blender with 1-2 tbsp of orange juice.
- Process until just smooth, taking care not to crush the seeds. Pour into one or two long glasses.
- Slice the gold kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit into a clean food processor or blender with 3-4 tbsp of orange juice. Purée, until just smooth.
- Carefully pour the gold purée over the back of a spoon on top of the green purée to form two distinct layers.
- Purée the raspberries in a clean blender with 2 tbsp of orange juice, until just smooth. Pour red purée over the back of a spoon on top of the gold purée to make the third layer.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Ripe kiwifruit works best for this recipe, as the green kiwifruit can be a bit too tart. If you feel this recipe needs more sweetening, then a spoon full of honey can be added to any of the three fruit purées.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1-2 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 130 Calories (10% Calories from Fat), 3g Protein, 34g Carbohydrate, 5g Fiber, 2g Fat, 0g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 5mg Sodium