Barbecued Prawn Kabobs with Green Kiwifruit
- 1 lb (500g) king prawns
- 1-1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- finely grated zest from of lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled and cut in chunks
- hot couscous or rice to serve (optional)
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tails on. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sesame oil, lemon zest, herbs, soy sauce and seasonings. Add the prawns. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill or barbecue.
- Slice kiwis into halves and scoop out large chunks of fruit with a spoon. Fruit pieces need to be large enough to thread onto a skewer.
- Thread the prawns and kiwifruit onto skewers. Brush the Zespri® Kiwifruit with a little extra oil.
- Place the kebabs on the grill or barbecue and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until the prawns are just cooked.
- Serve hot on a bed of couscous or rice.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Note: Toasted pine nuts, chopped parsley and diced chilies have been folded through the couscous in the photo.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 190 Calories (16% Calories from Fat), 24g Protein, 18g Carbohydrate, 3g Fiber, 3.5g Fat, 0g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 115mg Sodium