Kiwifruit Chutney with Lamb Kabobs
- Kiwifruit Chutney
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, dried
- 5 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled, diced, divided
- 1 banana, peeled, diced
- 2 tbsp each orange juice, lime juice, malt vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp each fresh cilantro, fresh mint, chopped
- 2 lbs lamb leg, boneless, cut in 1-inch, cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- Heat oil in medium frying pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and ginger until golden in color. Add onion, curry powder and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute.
- Add 3 kiwifruit, banana, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar and brown sugar and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add remaining kiwifruit, cilantro and mint to mixture; stir until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high and brush with 1 tbsp oil.
- Place lamb in large bowl and drizzle with remaining oil. Mix curry powder, salt and pepper with lamb and toss until coated. Arrange lamb on 8 skewers.
- Grill lamb for 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Serve with Kiwifruit Chutney.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 8 to 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings (2 skewers each)
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 710 (58% Calories from Fat), 43g Protein, 31g Carbohydrate, 4g Fiber, 45g Fat, 18g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 150mg Cholesterol, 750mg Sodium