Pan Roasted Chicken Breast with Kiwifruit Relish
– Recipe courtesy of Chef Daniel Ahern and Shauna Ahern (Gluten-Free Girl)
Fresh Kiwifruit Relish
- 3 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled, diced
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt, optional*
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with pepper and salt, if desired.
- Preheat oil in large ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add chicken, skin side down and cook 2 to 3 minutes until browned. Flip chicken and place frying pan in oven.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155° F. Serve with kiwifruit relish.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
*Nutritional analysis is based on use of 1/2 tsp of salt in relish and no salt on the chicken.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 380 (48% Calories from Fat), 32g Protein, 18g Carbohydrate, 4g Fiber,21g Fat, 5g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 95mg Cholesterol, 390 mg Sodium