Pan Seared Salmon with Kiwifruit Salsa
- 4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled, diced
- 1 cup avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1 cup papaya, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lite soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 6 (4 oz each) salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place all kiwifruit salsa ingredients in medium bowl and toss lightly; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in small bowl. Brush salmon fillets with soy sauce mixture.
- Preheat oil in large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add salmon, flesh side down and cook 1 to 2 minutes until browned. Flip salmon and place frying pan in oven.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Serve with kiwifruit salsa.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 310 (52% Calories from Fat), 24g Protein, 14g Carbohydrate, 4g Fiber, 18g Fat, 4.5g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 55mg Cholesterol, 170mg Sodium