Sunflower SunGold Snack
Make a delicious SunGold Sunflower snack that your kids can help make and will have fun eating.
Required time: 10 minutes
- 1 SunGold Kiwifruit
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Slice the kiwifruit in half width-wise. Put one half to the side. Slice the base of the other half into a 1 inch wide slice and place on the plate as the center of the sunflower (SunGold kiwis have a smooth, hairless skin that you can eat!).
- Slice the other kiwifruit half down the center. Then cut into 6 triangular pieces by making an “X” with your knife through both pieces (like a trivial pursuit pie piece). Place these pieces around the sunflower as the petals.
- Cut celery stalks for the stem and leaves of the sunflower and place on the plate. Repeat for the other half of the kiwifruit.
- Microwave two tablespoons of peanut butter for 20 seconds and drizzle one tablespoon on each plate the peanut butter to create the roots of the sunflower. (Kids can drizzle the peanut butter too!)