Double Kiwi Bulgogi Salad
- 1/2 lb flank steak or other inexpensive cut of beef
- 1/2 SunGold Kiwi, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 splash sesame oil
- 1 splash fish sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 Sungold kiwi fruit, large diced
- 1 mango, large diced
- 10 strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp each salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- light vinaigrette (optional)
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice (optional)
At least 30 minutes ahead of time: Slice the beef against the grain into very thin strips (1/4 inch or less). Combine all marinade ingredients and steak in a sturdy, sealable plastic bag. Squish to combine. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
Combine all ingredients for the fruit salsa in a bowl. Cover tightly and let sit until ready to serve.
Heat a pan over very high heat until searing hot, then add canola oil. Sear steak in a single layer for 1-2 minutes per side until the marinade boils off and the edges of the steak become deep brown. The edges may begin to burn, this is ok. Salt to taste.
Plate greens with your favorite light vinaigrette, if desired. Top with steak slices and salsa, and serve with a side of rice.
Recipe contributed by Annette Jochum of Food Science Nerd.