Festive Kiwifruit and Summer Fruit Kebabs
Fresh fruit skewers, grilled with citrus, honey and ginger glaze. Great served with meats for main course, or with ice cream for dessert. INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled and cut into halves
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml lemon juice
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml honey
- 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp / 2.5 ml cinnamon, ground
- 2 peaches or nectarines, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled and cut in half widthwise
- 8 strawberries, hulled
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 wooden skewers
- Puree 2 kiwifruit, lemon juice, honey, ginger and cinnamon in food processor until smooth. Do not crush kiwifruit seeds; set aside.
- Brush grill with oil. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place fruit in large bowl. Pour pureed kiwifruit glaze over fruit and gently toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Arrange mixed fruits on skewers. Grill fruit over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, brushing with puree until light brown.
- Serve immediately
Makes: 8 servings. Serving Nutritional Analysis: Calories 180 (3% Calories from Fat), Protein 2g, Carbohydrate 47g, Fiber 5g, Fat 0.5g, Sat. Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 5mg