Marinated Salmon and Scallops with SunGold Kiwifruit
- 4 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced (6 slices)
- 1-lb (500g) fresh, raw salmon, sliced
- 4 sea scallops, sliced into 1/4-inch slices (3 per scallop) or use 12 bay scallops (whole)
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- juice from 3 lemons
- juice from 3 limes
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp sliced shallots
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp sliced (not crushed) garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, the fresh salmon and the scallops. Set aside. Julienne the red pepper and set aside.
- Combine the first five vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Add the shallots, parsley, dill, garlic, red pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for a few minutes, so the flavors can combine.
- Pour half the vinaigrette into a deep platter. Place the Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit on top of the vinaigrette. Place the salmon on top of the Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, and the scallops on top of the salmon. Pour the rest of the vinaigrette over the scallops.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate the dish for at least one hour before serving.
- To serve, place the salmon in the center of each serving dish. Surround the salmon with the sliced Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit and the scallops. Garnish the salmon with the red peppers. Pour some marinade on top of each dish. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
Makes: 4 servings