Roasted Corn and Zesty Kiwifruit Salad
An excellent starter, light meal or main-course accompaniment.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups (250 g) whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 3-4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 1 sweet red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 fresh chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 cup (180 g) cooked and drained cannellini or pinto beans
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, until browned. Place corn in a large bowl.
- Rinse the onion in icy water to remove any pungent flavors.
- Slice kiwis into halves and spoon fruit out into 2 cm chunks.
- Gently combine all the ingredients and serve.
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time: 8 minutes.
Makes: 4 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 190 Calories (22% Calories from Fat), 6g Protein, 35g Carbohydrate, 7g Fiber, 5g Fat, .5g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 180mg Sodium