Green and SunGold Pancakes
- 1 cup (125 g) flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- butter or margarine for cooking
- 3-4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- 3-4 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- finely grated zest from 1 lemon or orange
- To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a medium sized bowl and add the sugar.
- Combine the eggs, milk and oil and add to the dry ingredients. Pour batter into a jug.
- Heat a small, heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add a knob of butter and swirl to coat the base and sides of the pan.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and swirl to cover the base. Cook until golden, about 1 minute each side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat, until all the mixture is used. Makes about 12 pancakes.
- To prepare the topping, slice the green and gold kiwifruit into halves and spoon out thick chunks into a small bowl.
- Pile kiwifruit pieces in the center of each pancake and top with maple syrup and citrus zest. Excellent served with yogurt or whipped cream.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Makes: 6 servings