SunGold Kiwifruit Bellini
Light and subtle, with a beautiful color, this is a twist on the traditional bellini.
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Cointreau, or other orange flavored liqueur
- 1 bottle (750ml) of chilled white sparkling wine or champagne
- Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon fruit out into a blender.
- Add the sugar and the Cointreau and purée, taking care not to crush the kiwifruit seeds.
- Pass mixture through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
- Pour the clear liquid into four champagne flutes.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the sparkling wine into each flute and gently stir to combine; then, gently pour on more wine to fill each glass.
Makes: 4 servings