SunGold Kiwifruit Caipirinha
– Recipe courtesy of Trinity Amador-Stewart, Bacchus Food & Spirits in Modesto, CA
- 4 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled, chopped
- 4 Fresh lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cachaça (Brazilian sugar cane rum)
- 2 cups Crushed ice
- 1 ½ cups Lime seltzer water
- Muddle kiwifruit, lime and sugar in large pitcher. Avoid crushing kiwifruit seeds.
- Stir in Cachaça and ice cubes; top with seltzer. Stir and pour into glasses.
- Garnish with kiwifruit slices if desired.
For a mocktail, omit Cachaça and increase seltzer water by 3/4 cup.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 cocktails (about 3 ½ cups)