SunGold Kiwifruit Gelato
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar, to taste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit out into a blender of food processor.
- Add the sugar and blend, until smooth, taking
- care not to crush the kiwifruit seeds, as this can make your gelato bitter.
- Add the vanilla and the milk and continue pulsing until well mixed.
- Freeze in an electric ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Alternatively, freeze in a bowl, until almost solid. Beat well with an electric beater; then, freeze until solid. Store in a covered container in the deep freeze.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes (small cakes), 45 minutes (large cake)
Makes: 4-6 servings