Gold Rush Ice Cream
- 2-3 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Slice kiwifruit in half and spoon out chunks onto a cutting board. Then, cut into 1/2 inch dice (1 cm). Place kiwifruit bits on a tray and deep freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the milk and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Then, add the cream and vanilla.
- Freeze the milk mixture in an ice cream machine or in the freezer, until almost solid.
- Beat well and add the frozen kiwifruit.
- Place in a freezer container, cover and freeze until solid.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 1 1/2 hours
Cooling time: 1 hour
Makes: 4-6 servings