- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Zespri® Green or SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Microwave water and sugar in small microwave proof bowl for 1 minute until boiling.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Process kiwifruit and lemon zest in food processor until just blended. Do not crush kiwifruit seeds. Stir pureed kiwifruit into sugar syrup mixture. Pour mixture into 9x5x4-inch loaf pan. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Scrape granita into flakes with spoon. Scoop into chilled serving dishes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 8 hours
Makes: 4, 1/2 cup servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: Calories 100 (5% Calories from Fat), 1g Protein, 26g Carbohydrate, 3g Fiber, 05g Fat, 0g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 0mg Sodium