Summer Tartlets with Green Kiwifruit
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups (160 g) flour
- 10.5 oz (300g) blueberries or raspberries
- 6 Zespri® Green Organic Kiwifruit
- 3 tbsp (50g) maple syrup or sugar
- To prepare the pastry, beat the oil with the sugar and the egg, until light. Sift in the flour and mix to make a soft dough. Roll into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll out the pastry to 1/8 inch (5 mm) thickness. With a biscuit cutter, or inverted glass make 20 rounds. Fit into oiled tartlet pans. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To prepare the filling, slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon fruit away from the peel. Dice kiwifruit pieces.
- Mix kiwifruit with the berries, and spoon into the cooled tartlet shells.
- Sprinkle each with a little maple syrup or sugar.
Prep time: Pastry – 15 minutes plus 30 minutes resting time.
Filling – 10 minutes.
Cooking time: Pastry Shells – 15 minutes.
Makes: 24 tartlets