SunGold Kiwifruit Pudding Cake
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 6 tbsp caster sugar (75g)
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter (90g), room temperature
- 3 1/3 cup all purpose flour (95g)
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk (320ml), room temperature
- 2 SunGold kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 1 8 inch round or square cake pan, greased or buttered
Set out all ingredients long enough to reach room temperature.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place the diced kiwi fruit evenly in the bottom of the cake pan.
Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until light in color and smooth. Add the butter and mix to combine. Add the flour, pinch of salt, and then the milk, a little at a time. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until all lumps are smooth. Pour the batter slowly over the diced kiwi fruit and bake for 55 minutes.
Leave the cake in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 20 minutes so that the cake doesn’t settle too quickly. Remove and set on a table to come to room temperature for 2 hours before placing in the refrigerator for another 5-6 hours or overnight.
Recipe contributed by Susan Magrini of Wish Upon A Dish.