Cashew Chicken Stir Fry with Green Kiwifruit
- vegetable oil, for the pan
- 1 lb (500g) chicken breast, boneless, skinned and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1-1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 4 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit
- hot cooked egg noodles, or rice (optional)
- Heat an oiled wok or large frying pan to medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry the chicken in batches until browned and tender. Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the garlic, chillies and red bell pepper until tender.
- Return the chicken to the wok and add the oyster sauce, cashews, bean sprouts and basil.
- Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon out bite-sized chunks into the wok with the remaining ingredients. Stir-fry until just hot.
- Serve on a bed of egg noodles or rice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings