Kiwifruit Gazpacho with Dungeness Crab
– Recipe courtesy of Chef Charlie Ayers, Calafia Café
- 8 Zespri® Green Kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Fresh crab meat
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Process Green Kiwifruit in food processor until just pureed. Do not crush seeds.
- Combine Green Kiwifruit puree, diced SunGold Kiwifruit, broth, tomatoes, shallots, jalapeno pepper and salt in medium bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Divide into four, 6-ounce bowls. Top with crab meat and drizzle with olive oil if desired.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 140 Calories, 6g Protein, 31g Carbohydrate, 5g Fiber, 2g Fat, 0g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 260mg Sodium