Spicy SunGold Kiwifruit Curry
- 1 cup brown rice, dry measure
- 4 Sungold kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp fresh (or jarred) minced ginger
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ rounds (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 14.5-oz can coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp curry powder (onion and garlic free for low FODMAP)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional, for garnish
Prepare brown rice according to package directions. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large, wide-lipped saucepan. Add ginger and jalapenos, and cook 2-3 minutes. Add spinach (still frozen), carrots, and curry powder to the pan, stirring well. Cook 3-5 minutes, until carrots begin to soften. Add water to the pan if it becomes too dry.
Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk. Cover pan and cook another 3-5 minutes. Add kiwi fruit to the pan. Cook another 3-5 minutes, covered. Serve curry over prepared rice, topped with a sprinkle of cilantro if desired.
Recipe contributed by Sarah Pember of The Smart Kitchen Blog.